PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 1958 - 60 Convertible Top Frame

zapffe
01-18-2016, 07:55 PM
We are currently restoring a 1959 Thunderbird which unfortunately has been used as a parts car and is missing the convertible top frame and trunk mechanism.
I would greatly appreciate any help on where to find these parts, even in very rusty and poor condition. We are missing the complete convertible top frame and the mechanism which is opening the trunk and lowering the top into the trunk.
Shipment to Florida, payment by PayPal, finder's fee paid.
Thanks!

YellowRose
01-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Claus, there are several companies that you can contact who have parts cars that might have what you need. But first, send Carl Heller ~ partsetal on here a Private Message. Carl has lots of 1958-1960 Squarebirds parts and a number of parts cars. He ships squarebirds parts all over the world. If he cannot help, then check the Advertisements Forum on here, and contact the Bird House in Delaware, the Bird Nest in Oregon, and Thunderbird Hqs. They also have parts cars and might be able to help.

arizonajack
01-23-2016, 08:54 PM
We are currently restoring a 1959 Thunderbird which unfortunately has been used as a parts car and is missing the convertible top frame and trunk mechanism.
I would greatly appreciate any help on where to find these parts, even in very rusty and poor condition. We are missing the complete convertible top frame and the mechanism which is opening the trunk and lowering the top into the trunk.
Shipment to Florida, payment by PayPal, finder's fee paid.
Thanks!

You should buy my 59 Convertible and continue using yours for parts. :)

If that idea doesn't appeal to you, try Thunderbird Connection in Phoenix:

http://www.thunderbirdconn.com/

I'm not sure if they are selling used parts but it's worth a phone call.