PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat control Switch

torpedo
09-29-2015, 07:53 PM
Hello I have a 1964 Thunderbird with A/C, my shop manual does not describe the steps to remove the thermostat control switch, if anyone can help that would greatly be appreciated. Also if someone can direct me of its location.
Thanks in Advance

jopizz
09-29-2015, 08:19 PM
This is what's in the shop manual that I have.

John

JJbird
09-29-2015, 10:58 PM

This a picture of it looking from the floor up.

You can reach the wires and test it before you remove it. Its underneath the dash between the steering column and the console. You do not have to take anything apart to get to it.

torpedo
09-30-2015, 06:48 AM
Hi John, Thanks this will be very helpful.

torpedo
09-30-2015, 06:56 AM

This a picture of it looking from the floor up.

You can reach the wires and test it before you remove it. Its underneath the dash between the steering column and the console. You do not have to take anything apart to get to it.

JJ, the picture didn't come thru for some reason.

torpedo
09-30-2015, 06:59 AM
JJ, the picture didn't come thru for some reason.

Disregard, I got it now

torpedo
10-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Hello again, now that I found it and concluded faulty, is it out of line to ask or request on this forum where I may find a good used one.
Thanks

YellowRose
10-03-2015, 10:00 AM
You might be able to find one at Mac's auto parts in New York, or any of the major Tbird parts houses across this country. Or if you don't mind a good used one, from the Bird House in Delaware, or the Bird Nest in Oregon. Both of them sell new parts, and used parts off the parts cars they have. Look in the Advertisements Forum, for the contact info on all the Tbird parts houses. If you do not have their free parts catalogs, email, or phone them, and ask them to send you theirs. You need them when looking for parts for these old Tbirds of ours. They can help you find the part you need and you can price compare and check availability of that part with the various Tbird parts houses.

torpedo
10-03-2015, 10:33 AM
You might be able to find one at Mac's auto parts in New York, or any of the major Tbird parts houses across this country. Or if you don't mind a good used one, from the Bird House in Delaware, or the Bird Nest in Oregon. Both of them sell new parts, and used parts off the parts cars they have. Look in the Advertisements Forum, for the contact info on all the Tbird parts houses. If you do not have their free parts catalogs, email, or phone them, and ask them to send you theirs. You need them when looking for parts for these old Tbirds of ours. They can help you find the part you need and you can price compare and check availability of that part with the various Tbird parts houses.

Thank you very much