PDA

View Full Version : additional Mirror

whpaul
09-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Hello together,

today i ask for something easy.

On my 61 I do have a mirror at the drivers side, should be. But I do not have one at the passengers side. Because I have to drive the car backwards around a corner into my garage, such a mirror would be helpful. Until now I did not like to drill the holes, but I changed my mind.
For me it is a must to have on both sides the same mirrors.
This on the picture is the one is mounted on the drivers side.
I cannot find that one by any of me known dealers.
Has anybody such a mirror for sale or knows where to get ?

Thank you for checking.

jopizz
09-10-2015, 01:28 PM
That doesn't look a factory mirror. Here's what the factory mirror should look like. All the Thunderbird vendors carry new ones.

John

whpaul
09-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Thank you for the answer,

that means I would need two mirrors.

Hopefully I find some having the same screw distance then my mirror, because of the screw holes.

jopizz
09-10-2015, 02:58 PM
If you do order new mirrors make sure you specify you need a left and right. The right hand mirror has convex glass. If you measure the holes you currently have I'm sure whoever you order from will tell you what the hole spacing is on the new mirrors.

John

jopizz
09-10-2015, 03:03 PM
The holes on the correct mirrors are 4 1/8 inches apart center to center.

John

whpaul
09-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Hello John,

thanks for that info.

I will check on my car. So I can find out if the other Mirrors will fit.

jopizz
09-10-2015, 05:19 PM
You're welcome. Glad I could help out.

John

whpaul
09-12-2015, 01:07 PM
I checked at my mirror at drivers side, and the screws are exactly 104,8 mm in distance, what is 4 and 1/8 inch.

I will oder two new original fomoco mirrors, and of course the specially one for the passengers side.

jopizz
09-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Before you permanently mount the passenger side mirror I would temporarily tape it in place or have someone hold it so you can see if the vent window interferes with your view. Ford didn't always put them in the best place.

John

whpaul
09-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Hello John,,

this is a smart idea. I will of course follow.