PDA

View Full Version : 81 Heritage Thunderbird

Dan Leavens
09-04-2015, 09:44 AM
We have a new member at our Calgary TBird Club that has a limited edition 81 Heritage. Someone smacked into his back drivers side without him knowing and is having trouble locating any parts to repair.
He is in need of a complete drivers side rear panel and perhaps rear bumper. I am throwing it out there to anyone knowing where or who might have parts. I have given him some of the TBird supply house names but after checking and as this was a limited edition no luck.
Please send me any information regarding this rear panel and I will forward it on to him as I would like to assist.

YellowRose
09-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Dano, I called the guys at the Bird House this morning to see if they have any parts for that car. They do not, but they put me in contact with a company that might have. That company is Jims Tbird Parts & Service in North Carolina. It turns out that they are a source for new, NOS and used '55-'05 Tbird parts! So I will add them to our Advertisements Forum.

They do not have the parts he needs for a '81 Heritage, except they have the front body panels for that car. They suggested that someone active on Facebook get on it and type in Thunderbird. It should pop up all the various clubs or companies that may have parts. From there, you might be able to find a company that has those parts. At least I found someone that might have parts not only for our older Tbirds, but for the newer ones also.

IF anyone else knows of sources for newer Tbird parts like for this '81 Heritage, please post here and let us know. The other thing I can recommend is to cruise down through all the Advertisements listings and check with some of the companies that specialize in selling parts from their parts cars. You might find something there.

DKheld
09-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Says he has 2-3 cars that year for parts.

Vick's Classic Auto Parts

815 Rutherfordton Hwy, Chesnee, SC 29323

(864) 461-9071

Eric

YellowRose
09-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Thanks, Eric, I just spoke with him. It appears that the Tbirds he has for that year are not a Heritage. Another thing is that they do not do any cutting of body panels off a car. One would have to have the tools and the ability to cut that panel off them self.. But, he did give me permission to post his information in our Ads forum. He has parts cars from '61 up through '93 Tbirds, and a lot of other cars.

This need for body parts for this car has allowed me to do some networking and come up with parts sources for other years of Tbirds, especially those beyond '66. I just added the Vicks info to the Ads Forum..

Dan Leavens
09-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Eric / Ray thanks for responding and providing this info. I will pass it along to Peter to use and try to find his panel. Once again thanks.