PDA

View Full Version : how to remove the instrument panel ..

Geoffreybusuttilmalta
04-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Hi all

I have a problem in my wiring.. and therefore i need to remove the instrument panel .. to be able to acess the wires.

can anyone please tell me how to dismantle it pls?

I have taken out the steering but couldnt figure out how to remove the instrument panel ..

would appreciate some help please..

thanks

geoffrey

jopizz
04-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Do you have a copy of the shop manual. It would take too long to explain all the steps involved to remove it. The shop manual has instructions and pictures that show how it bolts to the dash frame.

John

YellowRose
04-19-2015, 03:53 PM
Geoffrey, check the Technical Resource Library (TRL) in the Dash section. It deals primarily on how to pull the dash and replace it, but you will also find pictures on how to remove the gauges, and the instrument panel, as I recall. There are several links there that you might want to print out and go over. The link to the TRL is always part of my signature element and that of jopizz too.

Dakota Boy
04-19-2015, 04:32 PM
there's about 8 nuts on the back side of it. 7/16" I believe.

X2 on the shop manual. Its like gold.

jopizz
04-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Make sure you have plenty of band-aids available. Getting those speed nuts out does a number on your hands.

John

Geoffreybusuttilmalta
04-20-2015, 01:49 AM
i need to go through the shop manual again then coz i didnt manage to find any :) ... i will start this mornin :) thanks a lot friends!:)