PDA

View Full Version : Seat trim '64-'66

Yadkin
01-15-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm looking for the chrome trim for the drivers seat, 64-66 TBird. The factory supplied these for the outside edges of the front seats only, and apparently guys are trimming up both sides of their seats with spare parts, making these parts relatively rare.

Mine's got bad corrosion damage that I don't think can be fixed.

tmjsong1aolcom
01-30-2015, 11:46 PM
the trim is made out of aluminum and is anodized.

All three years use the same pieces and it should be fairly easy to find replacements for driver quality that are not corroded.

Good Luck
Fuz
58's&64's
Sun Prairie, Wi.
tmjsong1@aol.com

Yadkin
02-03-2015, 04:39 PM
On my way to a job site today the sun was just right and I saw a TBird sitting in a junk yard behind a heavily screened fence just off the road. It's a busy little yard, they pay for junk and crush it, so I never thought they would have anything of classic value. I stopped in and they have two small yards with about 60 cars total, two jet birds sitting side by side and I scoped them for parts. I bought the seat trim and the inner fender pairs I've been looking for.

YellowRose
02-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Hi Steve, IF you get back that way again, would it be possible to stop in and see if the owner will let you get the information off the Data Plate for those two Tbirds? Vin # and Data information. If so, then we can report them to John Rotella's Tbird Registry as being slated to be crushed... At least we would have a record of what happened to those two Tbirds...

Yadkin
02-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Hi Steve, IF you get back that way again, would it be possible to stop in and see if the owner will let you get the information off the Data Plate for those two Tbirds? Vin # and Data information. If so, then we can report them to John Rotella's Tbird Registry as being slated to be crushed... At least we would have a record of what happened to those two Tbirds...

Since I'm paying them to take off the parts I will be back in a day or so to pick up. I'll take some pictures of the plates. There's also an older model and I'll record that as well. None are slated to be crushed, as there are lots of valuable parts on these cars.

YellowRose
02-04-2015, 12:37 AM
Thanks, Steve. It is good to know they are not going to be crushed but are being used as parts cars. We can record them as that. Once you get the information, either you can go to the Tbird Registry and add them as parts cars, or send me the photos and I can do it for you, giving you the credit for reporting them. If you can, you might get a shot or two of the cars also. Thanks!

Yadkin
02-16-2015, 10:13 AM
I registered all three of these. The site is not easy to use, and I only got to add in the FRONT shots, not the data plate. I'll start a new thread for these three cars.

YellowRose
02-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Thanks for registering them, Steve. I have never found the registry difficult to use. I can check the VIN #'s if John Rotella has them registered on his system now, and add the Data Plate information for you.

stubbie
03-05-2015, 07:58 PM
If anyone else is looking to do this with the seat trim. I have been looking at 63-64 Fairlanes and Galaxies of late and the seat trim from those cars looks fairly similar to Tbirds. Might be worth checking out.