PDA

View Full Version : Asking about help for a friend with a 61 ford fairlane 500

Geoffreybusuttilmalta
12-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Hi people..

Is there any one who can help over some issues with a 1961 Ford fairlane 500 with a Straight 6 engine. aka as the mileage maker?

MY friend got one and had some problems with the brakes. now we`re takin all flexibles copper pipes cylinders for a complete refit..

Do you know from where we can find buying the brake parts. or if the brake parts are perfectly compatible with any other ford model .. such as falcon, galaxie t bird .. etc?

Thanks a lot

Geoffrey Busuttil

jopizz
12-14-2014, 12:30 AM
Fairlane and Galaxie brake parts are the same. They are readily available from Rockauto.com.

John

YellowRose
12-14-2014, 12:35 AM
Geoffrey, don't forget that Rock Auto is a member of this Forum, and is the ONLY auto parts company that gives us a discount. You can find their contact information in the Advertisements Forum, and I think you will find the current discount code on the 2nd page about Rock Auto. It is my understanding that the discount code can only be used when ordering parts online.

Geoffreybusuttilmalta
12-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Outstanding guys.... thanks a lot !:)

I will inform my friend as tomorrow.

and will order the needed parts!

simplyconnected
12-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Here is the link for the current discount code:

http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17802

Rockauto changes it quarterly or so, but it seems we always get a discount code. Follow the directions to get 5%. Five percent isn't a lot but it helps to pare shipping costs. - Dave