PDA

View Full Version : New Duties & Responsibilites For jopizz..

YellowRose
12-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Recently, a decision was made to develop some redundancy in our main Administrator positions. Dan Leavens pointed out to us that none of us are indestructible and subject to "being run over by a bus":eek: one of these days. So with that thought in mind, and my age, it was decided that we would ask for assistance for myself and Dano from our new Administrators. We have redundancy built into the webmaster position with John Peters ~ driller to assist Dave ~ simplyconnected, if necessary.

I am pleased to announce that John Pizzi ~ jopizz has agreed to become my protege' and learn my duties and responsibilities as a back up to me in the event I ever get "run over by a VW". John has been a terrific assist to us as a master mechanic and technician of some 40 years and a help to so many of us on the Forum. Tonight, we started the training process and you will note that it is John who handled the new membership application for ThunderbirdPete tonight and not me! He did very well. Expect to see more threads and posts from John as we continue training. I am NOT going anywhere (that I am aware of!), but this is just part of building some redundancy into our Forum. This will protect us in the event one or more of us has to stop our activities due to health, accident or other reasons. We do not want to have to go through the process we did when we lost our beloved Alexandar, our Founder and Webmaster..

keith
12-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks John for doing this. I'm sure Ray is a great instructor, that is always a great help when you learn from someone who's heart is into their job.

jopizz
12-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Ray has a lot of patience. It's not easy teaching an old dog new tricks.

John

Yellowbird
12-11-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm with Keith on this. Thanks for being willing to help John!

Dakota Boy
12-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Good planning, for sure.

This is still the best message board I've had the pleasure of being a part of.

YellowRose
12-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Thank you, Greg! The comments are much appreciated.. We hope to keep this Forum as the best one....:D

simplyconnected
12-11-2014, 10:17 PM
I should have chimed in long ago, but I have problems at home far beyond my control.

John Pizzi (jopizz) has my vote all the way. He has helped countless people with sound troubleshooting practices, using his extensive experience as a true mechanic. John is the guy I would bring my car to.

I am confident that John will eventually perform all of Ray's tasks but it's going to take time to learn. Ray's shoes are pretty large and not easily filled by anyone else. Quite frankly, I don't know how Ray has done his job without help. (I hope Ray and John will split the work now and swap tasks later on.)

Good luck and Good Job, John. I know you're the right man for the job. - Dave

bird 60
12-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Wish you the very best with the new position John. I'm sure the Teacher comes with very high qualifications.

All the best.

Chris.....From OZ.

scumdog
12-12-2014, 01:46 AM
All the best from me in EnnZee , it's a great idea to have a "Ray-substitute"!