PDA

View Full Version : Squarebirds Administrators

YellowRose
09-22-2014, 09:37 PM
I have been discussing the need to increase the number of Squarebirds.org Administrators on our Forum with my fellow Administrators. There are several reasons to consider doing so. 1. We have seen a dramatic increase in our non-USA Tbird owners on the Forum over the last several years. 2. The same applies to our USA Tbird owners on the Forum. 3. A couple of our USA Administrators have not been very active over the last few years due to press of other business. We would like to provide wider leadership opportunities across the world for better representation on your Forum.

After discussion amongst our active Administrators, myself, Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected, our great webmaster, Dan Leavens ~ Dan Leavens, who is our only non-USA Administrator, John Goulet ~ JohnG, and John Peters ~ driller, we have decided to ask for volunteers to join us as Administrators. John Peters ~ driller, though we have him listed as an Administrator, is actually our Coordinator behind the scenes who helps keep both our Squarebirds.org Forum and the Lincolns Of Distinction Forum and server going.

You might ask what does an Administrator do? He/she helps develop changes, additions or deletions to the Forum as the Administrators see fit. Your present Administrators have dedicated ourselves to maintain and improve the Forum that Alexander Sosiak started back in 2002. We think that we have been doing well in keeping the Forum operating within the Rules Of Conduct that Alexander established when he created this Forum. We are pleased that both Julie Sosiak and Marianne Woloszyn, his sister, believe that we have been doing a wonderful job in maintaining and improving his Forum after his passing... But because of our continued growth, we could use some more assistance.

This position is strictly an un-paid volunteer position, as all them on this Forum are. You will not have to attend any meetings, as all discussions regarding proposed changes or improvements to the Forum are conducted via email and/or on the telephone as needed. Each Administrator will be contacted, as required, and provided an overview of any action that is being considered for possible implementation. You will have an opportunity to express your views and desires, or objections, and after discussion, a vote will be taken amongst the Administrators to determine whether or not to implement suggested changes to Forum operation. Becoming an Administrator will not tie you down or take you away from your other activities. We just want to have a greater, world wide input from our membership when it comes to modifying the Forum operation in the future. That is something that we don't often do, and do only when we think we need to.

We offer this Administrator position to any Forum Tbird owner who would like to join us in improving and maintaining your Forum. If you accept the invitation, I will make an announcement after I modify your user id data to indicate that you are now a Forum Administrator. If you are interested in becoming an Administrator, please either email me or send me a Private Message ASAP.

YellowRose
09-23-2014, 10:44 AM
I am pleased to announce that Leonard Wheeler ~ Yellowbird, will be the new Administrator for North Texas and surrounding area. John Pizzi ~ jopizz, will be a new Administrator for his USA area, Bill Knighton ~ Penelope, will be our new Western Australia Administrator, and Steve Auffinger ~ Yadkin, will be our Southeast US Administrator. Those of you in those areas can contact them by email or Private Message with any recommendations you might have regarding Forum improvements. The same applies to our present Administrators, John Goulet, in New England, myself for the South Central USA, Cathie Thiery, John Byers for the Western USA, Dan Leavens for Canada, Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected, our webmaster, for North Central USA, and John Peters ~ driller, our Server Rep. They, in turn, can bring them to the attention of their fellow Administrators for possible action. Administrators are indicated by the Administrator icon by their user id on any post they make.

YellowRose
09-25-2014, 11:42 AM
I am very pleased to announce that long time Member from Down Under, Chris Panagaris ~ bird 60 has accepted the position of Administrator for Eastern Australia! We are very pleased to have him as a fellow Administrator! Forum Administrators are indicated by the Administrator icon by their user id. Those of you in that area can contact him by email or Private Message with any recommendations you might have regarding Forum improvements.

YellowRose
09-27-2014, 09:23 AM
I was very pleased this morning to see an email from Howard Prout saying that he has accepted the Administrator position for Eastern Canada! Those living in Ontario and to the east of it can contact Howard by email or Private Message with any recommendations for Forum improvements. He, in turn, will bring them to the attention of his fellow Administrators.

keith
09-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks to all the old and new administrators. Great site with great members.

A thankless job, but the pay and benefits are great!:D

YellowRose
09-30-2014, 09:41 AM
I was very pleased this morning to see a Private Message from Tom Taylor ~ scumdog, saying that he has accepted the Administrator position for New Zealand! Those living there can contact Tom by email or Private Message with any recommendations for Forum improvements. He, in turn, will bring them to the attention of his fellow Administrators. Thank you, Tom!

YellowRose
09-30-2014, 06:01 PM
I was very pleased that just a few minutes ago I received an email from Anders Myrberg ~ Anders saying that he has accepted the Administrator position for Europe! Those living there can contact Anders by email or Private Message with any recommendations for Forum improvements. He, in turn, will bring them to the attention of his fellow Administrators. Thank you, Anders! We now have 14 Forum members across the world as advisers and Administrators. Thanks to all who have volunteered!