PDA

View Full Version : seat belts

cubbear
08-11-2014, 10:54 AM
what length for front and rear seatbelts?

YellowRose
08-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Robert, check the Technical Resource Library. I think I have that information there. The link to the TRL is right below my signature.. On one post I saw regarding a Squarebird that was bought new directly from a car dealer back in the days, that car had 54" seat belts in it. Only in the front. Looking at the Bird Nest website, the replacement OEM type seat belts they sell are 64".

Yadkin
08-11-2014, 02:48 PM
People were skinny back then.

Restifier52
08-11-2014, 04:01 PM
I didn't use any information when I determined the length of my seat belts. I cut them so they would fit me snugly with about 6-8 inches of belt left. I now refer to them as the seatbelts of shame. I was sorriest when my daughter in law had to forego. My neighbor (who by the way owns a Grand National that does nothing but sit behind a sheet of plywood in his garage so sad) struggled valiantly but could not get the click. Ah well.

Yadkin
08-11-2014, 04:15 PM
There is no shame today though. Back when I was a kid it was rare to see a fat kid and we all made fun of him. Today over half the kids are fat so you best keep your mouth shut or you'll get sat on by a bunch of them.