PDA

View Full Version : Power Locks with Alarm system

Tbird1044
06-28-2014, 12:16 AM
I got adventourous and ordered a power lock system with alarm on Ebay from Hong Kong. The entire system was $43 delivered. The semi broken English instructions can be a bit challenging, but I worked through that. It took me a while to figure out how I was going to hook the system up, but eventually I got it figured out. One problem was that the remote lock was reversed on the key fob buttons. Figured out how to wire around that. Also they did not have a lock/unlock button inside the car. Again, I figured out how to take care of that. The system has power locks, 2 actuators, auto lock/unlock feature, ign cutout, flashing lights when alarm sounds, siren, motion dectector that sounds for 30 sec. when activate, and probably more. I am being selective of what I will connect. I have bench tested the system and it seems to work well. If there is any disappointment, it is the size of the wire they use. You have to be very careful not to ruin any of the fittings, but the system does work.
I'll attach some pics of how I hooked it up. No cables required. It is all direct linkage. I guess time will tell how long it lasts. I did order an extra actuator and it cost me $5/delivered. Figured that would be cheap insurance.
Sorry, the pictures are not in a chronological order. I had several takes till I got it right.
Nyles