PDA

View Full Version : 1960 bird convert wiper motor to electric

jandjinfla
06-21-2014, 04:57 PM
I have searched for the electric motor and have found several sources and several different prices.
Can anyone, who has done this conversion, recommend a parts company for the full kit including the shaft extension so the existing knob can be used ?
Thanks,
Joe

YellowRose
06-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Sure... It is all in the Technical Resource Library! Click on the TRL link under my signature...

simplyconnected
06-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Joe, I have two units, both from New Port Engineering. They were more than $220/ea., but worth the money. I got them from a company I found on eBay, but I ordered and bought directly from them using my regular credit card (I have no love for PayPal).

JPL in Aliquippa, PA (http://www.jplstreetrods.com/) ships electric setups for free because the price is over $100. In reality, the unit is drop shipped from New Port Engineering.

I bought the interval switch with the knob extension, and glad I did. This switch makes the installation look pure stock using my OEM dash knob. When the knob is pushed in, they give a contact closure for your electric squirts. In addition I get, Hi, Lo, and variable interval. When done, it's hard to see the motor.

I highly recommend this conversion for all Ford cars. - Dave