PDA

View Full Version : Let the work begin

1960demorti
06-05-2014, 08:04 PM
so we started getting familiar with the new bird over the last week. got the diamond plate floor pan out of my way. My Dad got most of the headliner out to get a look at that power sunroof and what was going on there.

thought I would post a few pics for you guys

1960demorti
06-05-2014, 08:09 PM
more pics of the car and the sunroof

1960demorti
06-05-2014, 08:23 PM
drivers side floor is a mess (got the pans already delivered front and back but will need to do some fab as well)
passenger side front pan needs to be replaced (have that too)

My biggest concern atm is the sheet metal where the seat goes. the upper is not so bad but the lower undercarriage part needs to be replaced and that's not something I can just order apparently. I'm thinking about just getting a sheet of 18g steel and running a piece from the firewall all the way back to the rear seat floor, just to make the undercarriage look right to me. thoughts?

So you can see they cut a hole in the console to make it a floor shift (haha classy)

I'm a little confused on the shifter indicator for the 3 speed manual no parts catalog has them?

jopizz
06-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Here's how the factory put it together. I would try and duplicate as close to how it was originally built.

John

simplyconnected
06-06-2014, 04:50 PM
...I'm a little confused on the shifter indicator for the 3 speed manual no parts catalog has them?
I don't believe I have ever seen an indicator on any car's 'tree' shifter. Here's a Squarebird factory manual steering setup:

http://squarebirds.org/images_steering_column/1960-64_Illistrations-93ManSteeringColumn.png

1960demorti
06-06-2014, 05:22 PM
i may have not called it the right name

jopizz
06-06-2014, 06:53 PM
With a three speed manual on the column the indicator is blank and doesn't have letters on it. Yours is correct going by one of the pictures you posted and what I remembered when I looked at the car.

John