PDA

View Full Version : Rear deck hinges

krashappy
03-06-2014, 01:50 PM
My 62 convertible back deck lid opens / closes sloppy. The hinges appear to be ovaled, atleast on one sde. I have checked Thunderbird HQ and Thunderbird Sanctuary to no avail. Does anybody know of alternate places to search for these parts? I'd rather replace with new or remanufactured than re-pin the existing ones. Thanks

jopizz
03-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Check with Bob's Bird House. They also have used parts.

John

YellowRose
03-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Also contact Don at The Bird Nest in Oregon. They also have parts cars. The contact information for all Tbird parts houses is in the Advertisements Forum. The contact information for The Bird House is at the top right of this Forum.

jopizz
03-06-2014, 02:50 PM
My 62 convertible back deck lid opens / closes sloppy. The hinges appear to be ovaled, atleast on one sde. I have checked Thunderbird HQ and Thunderbird Sanctuary to no avail. Does anybody know of alternate places to search for these parts? I'd rather replace with new or remanufactured than re-pin the existing ones. Thanks

New hinges are not available. Your only choice is to fix yours or find used ones that are in better condition. However good used ones are pretty expensive if you can find them. A good machine shop will be able to drill out and repin them a lot cheaper than finding used ones.

John