PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Squarebird Calendar Orders

YellowRose
11-04-2013, 02:10 AM
The selection process for the 2014 Squarebirds Calendar has been completed. I will be taking the results to the printer soon. Anyone desiring to purchase a 2014 Squarebirds Calendar can do so via my rayclark07@gmail.com PayPal account. Make sure that you have that account name correct, as there are other PayPal accounts with names similar to mine. rayclark07@gmail.com The cost of the calendar remains at $22 US, which includes mailing. If you do not have PayPal, you can send me a check or money order. Email or PM me for my snail mail address.

YellowRose
11-14-2013, 11:49 PM
The 2014 Squarebirds.org Calendar is about to be printed. I reviewed the results earlier today and it looks great! I am taking orders for them now and have had a few already. I should have the calendars in hand by Thanksgiving. See the details below for ordering information.

YellowRose
11-18-2013, 06:55 PM
I have not done this in the past, but I have had a good number of inquiries from our users as to whether or not their Tbird has been accepted for the 2014 Calendar or not this year. So since there is such keen interest this year in finding out, I will tell you this. In no particular order, the following Tbirds will be featured in the 2014 Calender:
Canadian Bill Frankland's '60 Royal Burgundy Squarebird;
Dan Holmes, '66 Blue Flairbird from Down Under;
Dena & Dennis Gorder's '58 Turquoise & White Squarebird;
Jeff Adams '60 Blue Squarebird;
John Pizzi's '59 White Convertible Squarebird;
Ken Harkema's '58 Turquoise Convertible Squarebird;
Luke Tate's '66 Green Flairbird;
Phil Garvey's '59 White Squarebird;
Steve Martin's '58 Black Squarebird;
Finland, Tero Rojola's '60 Red 430MEL Squarebird;
Neil Swartz '59 Turquoise Convertible Squarebird;
Mark Ravagnani's '61 Red Bulletbird from Down Under;
and Marcelo Laviano's '60 Black Squarebird.

Those that were not chosen this year will be given first consideration for next year. Nearly half of the 50 supply of calendars have already been spoken for, so if you want one, you should get your order in to me quickly.

tbird430
11-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Just sent you a payment for one 2014 calendar Ray!!

Keep up the good work my TX friend. :)

-Jon

YellowRose
11-22-2013, 12:35 AM
This afternoon I reviewed the final proof of the 2014 Squarebirds Calendar and it has gone to print. I am very pleased with the results and quality of the pictures again this year. We have some great looking Tbirds out there amongst our membership. I think you will be pleased. If you want a calendar you should get your order in before they are all gone! Over half of them have already been bought. I should have them in hand this weekend. In fact, I have the proof set in hand and it is beautiful! See the information below for more details on obtaining one.

YellowRose
11-22-2013, 04:02 PM
This morning I picked up and paid for the calendar run, after going through each one and making sure each was correct. I am very pleased with the results. There have been 26 already ordered and paid for, so half the run is already spoken for, with several more payments on the way. I will start the addressing and mailing process next, as soon as I can. I am anxious to see what ya'll have to say about this coming years Calendar!

tbird430
11-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Just wanted to say "Thank you Ray", for keeping this T-Bird calendar going each year. I know it's no easy task sir.... :)

-Jon in N.TX.

YellowRose
11-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks, Jon! It is interesting work, but difficult picking whose cars make the calendar from year to year. There are so many good candidates, especially between the Squarebirds. I was lacking in Bulletbird and Little Bird choices this year, though there was one Bulletbird submitted, but no Little Birds. I just finished stuffing some envelopes with calendars and am going to make a post office run on my way to the So. Texas Tbird Club meeting. Unfortunately, I did not get down far enough in the list to get to yours, but I will later this weekend!

YellowRose
11-24-2013, 12:20 AM
This weekend, I have processed some 20 orders for 30 calendars, 9 of which went into the mail this morning before I went to my local Tbird Club meeting. When I got back, I have spent the evening stuffing and addressing envelopes and processed all that I had orders and payments received for. I found it interesting that there are three orders going to Tbird owners in Finland alone! I will be making another post office run come Monday.

jopizz
11-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Ray,

I received my calendar this morning. Another fantastic job (even with my "piece" included). I'm sure everybody who orders one will be pleased with it.

John

YellowRose
11-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi John!

Thank you very much. It is always a difficult thing to do, going through the selection process and trying to determine which is the better looking picture submitted. Some really stand out and demand to be included. Like Dena & Dennis's '58 Squarebird....

I just got a very nice email from them and they were very surprised to see that I had put that beautiful photograph of Dena sitting on the fender of her Tbird in a matching poodle skirt outfit with that drive-in tray on the door window, on the cover! Dennis tells me that it brought Dena to tears (of joy, I hope!:D) to be selected like that for the cover shot. Here, briefly, is what I told them.

"It is the first time that a single Tbird and/or owner, has been featured on the front cover. In the past, Alexander always used a group shot of Tbirds for a cover picture and I continued that feature after his passing when I took over... Until I saw the picture of Dena sitting on the fender of ya'lls beautiful Tbird.... (what is her name, by the way?) I kept looking at the group pictures I had available to me, but I kept being drawn back to that one picture of Dena, the Tbird and the tray on the door window... It keep speaking to me... "This is the one....." and I listened... Normally, I use the wording in the past with a group shot of "Tbirds of a feather flock together" in Norway or Australia, or where ever the picture was taken. This time, I decided to change the title for this picture. I think that it will become a classic photograph of a Squarebird and am anxious to hear what others have to say about it as their calendars start showing up today and in the next few days and weeks..."

I was pleased to select yours also. It certainly is a very worthy addition. To those whose pictures were not selected this year, I have marked them for first consideration for next year. Don't give up faith. I always have more Squarebirds to consider than I have months!

Ca58tbird
11-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks Ray, received my caledar in the mail this morning. All of the Bird pictures are great! Thanks for all you do Ray.

jopizz
11-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Ray,

The cover picture is perfect. You could not have picked a better one.

John

YellowRose
11-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Thank you for the comments about the calendar and the cover picture. Dena & Dennis are thrilled. Out of the 50 calendars printed there are only THREE left. If you want one, you had better grab one before they are gone. I do not know if there will be another print run...

Dan Leavens
11-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Ray I am now, very intrigued to receive my calendars just to see the cover:rolleyes: As already mentioned you go out of your way each year to get these calendars produced since Alexander's passing. Your input to our site does not go unnoticed by us the members. Good Stuff and thanks.

YellowRose
11-30-2013, 03:16 PM
All calendars that have been ordered and paid for have been put in the mail. The last of them were mailed out this morning. One to Ian, as I recall, in Canada, one to Marco in the Netherlands, and two here in the US. So that catches me up, except for a couple from overseas yet to go. As I said, I am nearly out of the initial 50 calendars and I do not know if I am going to do another run of them due to the expense and load it puts on me. If I do, I will certainly not get the discount that I received on this 50 calendar print run. The printing cost will be nearly as much as the cost of the calendar. Dan, thank you for the comments. They are much appreciated.

NYsquarebird58
11-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Great selection this year, Ray!

YellowRose
11-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Hi Marcelo, thank you! I hope you enjoyed the cover also! Congratulations to you for the nice pictures you sent and for your selection this year!

Ricochet
12-03-2013, 06:34 AM
:( Still waiting for mine. Can't wait. The bird is almost back together after waiting for parts.

YellowRose
12-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Hi Dan,

I hope they will be worth the wait! They were mailed a week or so ago. They should be showing up soon!

Fireball
12-10-2013, 11:39 AM
My copy arrived today to snowy Finland. Thanks Ray for choosing our puppy as July "girl" :D Bunch of beautiful cars I must say.

YellowRose
12-18-2013, 04:58 PM
I have three 2014 Squarebirds Calendars left out of 54 ordered. Anyone desiring to purchase one can do so via my rayclark07@gmail.com PayPal account. Make sure that you have that account name correct, as there are other PayPal accounts with names similar to mine. rayclark07@gmail.com The cost of the calendar remains at $22 US, which includes mailing. If you do not have PayPal, you can send me a check or money order. Email or PM me for my snail mail address.

YellowRose
01-20-2014, 10:22 AM
All the calendars are gone. It was a great year for calendar orders!

Coral
01-07-2015, 10:02 AM
:D

THANK YOU RAY! I have my calendar and I am both in awe of the beautiful cars in it and mad at all of you because I am Birdless :p

We need to fix that LOL

YellowRose
01-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Hi Cathie, I am glad you received your calendar! Yup, it would be great if we could find you another one! There are several for sale around here that are in excellent condition...

Coral
01-07-2015, 11:50 AM
And how many pennies are these "in excellent condition cars" :D
You know I'll need a "in need of TLC" one to start out again, BUT I did just accept a full time position at work!

YellowRose
01-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Congratulations on the full time position! I will send you an email as to what is available in my area...

Dan Leavens
01-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Ray another great job with the calendars this year and we can tell by the " second " order that they are getting popular. Our members better order early next year to ensure that they receive them:rolleyes: Thank you for doing this, we appreciate it.

YellowRose
01-16-2015, 02:40 AM
Thank you, Dano! Yes, it has been another good year! I only have 1 copy of the 2015 Squarebirds Calendar left! It is first come, first served for whoever wants it! I do not plan on having anymore printed. There have been 43 sold for 2015.

If anyone wants that last calendar you can pay the $22 cost, which includes mailing to my rayclark07@gmail.com PayPal account. Make sure that you have that account name correct, as there are other PayPal accounts with names similar to mine. rayclark07@gmail.com