PDA

View Full Version : Grease 62 Bird

flyinthermals
07-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering how many grease nipples there are on my 62 bird. I wondering if I am missing any. The manual doesn't tell me how many. Also what type of grease is used? Will the one type grease everywhere?What is the best stuff to use for door and hood latches for squeaking?

YellowRose
07-13-2013, 09:29 AM
As I recall, there are no grease nipples on my Squarebird, and maybe not on the Bulletbirds either. As for squeaking doors and hood latches, there are products made for those problems, though I do not recall their names at the moment. I will let one of our more technically inclined members elucidate on this subject further.

flyinthermals
07-13-2013, 09:40 AM
There are two on each side of the front wheels for sure. I think they are by the ball joints.

jopizz
07-13-2013, 11:26 AM
There should be grease nipples on all the ball joints and tie rod ends. That's a total of eight. The factory universal joints may have them. I've seen both with and without.

John

flyinthermals
07-13-2013, 11:53 AM
I looked in my second manual and it talks about the lubrication. Drive shaft universal joints, steering linkage,ball joints. My first manual is missing the last chapter. Thats why I cant find it. It mentions using a pressure greaser. Before I buy one I am wondering if the regular pump kind work?

jopizz
07-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Yes, a regular hand held pump gun will work.

John