PDA

View Full Version : skyliner57's Animated '57 Skyliner!

YellowRose
03-22-2013, 02:44 PM
New user, Ken just sent me a pic of their beautiful white on red '57 Skyliner doing it thang! Watch this!

http://www.special-classics.com/Archive/american/sky-ani.gif

I can remember back in '58 or '59, my father-in-law buying a brand new Skyliner. We nearly wore it out the first day making the top go into the trunk and back out again, as all the neighbors watched!

Ian M Greer
03-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Ken correct me if I'm wrong , but to my understanding the 57 hide-away had two panel fiberglass roof the following years were made out of two metal panels ? Ian

skyliner57
03-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Ian...
the '57 skyliner has two metal roof panels.. no fiberglass. I dont believe they were ever fiberglass in any of the 3 years built.
Ken

simplyconnected
03-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Ian...
the '57 skyliner has two metal roof panels.. no fiberglass. I dont believe they were ever fiberglass in any of the 3 years built.
KenKen should be banned for not believing in Fiberglas AND he has a Y-block.

simplyconnected
03-23-2013, 07:40 PM
...I can remember back in '58 or '59, my father-in-law buying a brand new Skyliner. We nearly wore it out the first day making the top go into the trunk and back out again, as all the neighbors watched!
Ray should be banned for making his neighbors watch his top go up and down.

skyliner57
03-23-2013, 07:42 PM
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Joe Johnston
03-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Pretty neat watching them, ALMOST as cool as my 63SR;)

Ian M Greer
03-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Joe, I must admit to watch hide-aways and T-birds in operation is amazing ( of coarse providing they work ) but
I do love there operation . I think the hide-away hardtop does offer a little more trunk room with its metal box container in the trunk , and its fairly deep too . I know from previously owning a 63 rag the bird offers a much more shallow trunk and one has to be carefull carrying anything in it. Ken thanks for the reply.

Joe Johnston
03-24-2013, 12:53 PM
With the top down there is only room in the trunk for ........... well, not very much!!!! Only real space is between the deck lid cylinders and perhaps a foot or so forward to the top. The Skyliner's have a lot more room on the floor and depth as well.

However, push the top button on either one and everyone watches!

I caught a lot of good natured ribbing from my Chebbie buddies at a local car show as Ford didn't know how to put the hinges on the hood of my 57 or the trunk lid of my 63 as both were opening backwards (according to them)!