PDA

View Full Version : Birds of a Feather

lawyercalif
06-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Some of you may not know it but I am also a pilot. I took "Betty Mae" to the Hemet Airport today to have lunch with some friends. I took these shots that I call "Birds of a Feather"

keith
06-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Cool picture. Need to blow it up for a poster in your garage.

YellowRose
06-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Hi Daniel! Yes, those are two cool pix! She is such a beautiful looking Bird! I get a lot of nice comments when people see Rose next to my friends airplane. Really neat!

Deblib
06-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Love the pics!! My first "car" - 1957 International truck was that baby blue color. No power steering, non working gas gauge, vacuum wipers. I was happy to have wheels though. Saved money and sold "Blue Bell" off to buy a 66 Ford Mustang. My first Ford. Lol. :D

Dan Leavens
06-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Daniel that really is a " cool " picture at the airport. I agree that you should get it blown up ( depending on the pixel count ) for a poster. Ray, I presume you have sent a PM to Daniel for our upcoming squarebird calendar???

newyear
06-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Daniel
Hi-I was wondering if you flew the North American T-6 Texan in the background.My father trained on these in Canada during WW11 so I would love to print the picture off to give to him if you dont mind
Regards
Peter

simplyconnected
06-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Betty Mae sure does look sweet, Daniel. The AT-6 is always a highlight at all the air shows. Last time I saw a good formation was at Kitty Hawk (in Dare County), Dec 12, 2003 at the Wright Bros. centennial. The week leading up to and the air show was fantastic, but the reenactment of the Wright Flyer was a miserable failure.

Dan, I think you and Marcelo have started something with the wiiiide whitewalls. The more I see them the better they look. - Dave Dare

lawyercalif
06-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Daniel
Hi-I was wondering if you flew the North American T-6 Texan in the background.My father trained on these in Canada during WW11 so I would love to print the picture off to give to him if you dont mind
Regards
Peter

No Peter, unfortunately the T-6 is not mine. I fly Cessna 182's with the Civil Air Patrol and sport planes such as the Gobash, Remos and Cessna Skycatcher for fun. I would be happy if you would share the picture with your father. WWII veterans are my heros, none of us would have the lives we enjoy today if they had not made the sacrifices they did.

YellowRose
06-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Hi Dano! Yup, I have already been bugging Daniel about pix for the 2013 Squarebirds Calendar. Now I need some good pix of Betty Mae and those airplanes!

lawyercalif
06-25-2012, 12:15 AM
My friend took a lot of picutres yesterday with a very good camera of Betty Mae and the Airplanes. I should have them in a few days, I will review them and send you the best.