PDA

View Full Version : Bill Pugnetti's '60 Squarebird

YellowRose
05-04-2012, 01:44 PM
I am sitting here admiring Bill Pugnetti's '60 Squarebird, Thunderbird Of The Month Of May, 2012 in the Squarebirds Calendar. I love that color! Here is a picture from the calendar of it.

FINSRIN
05-15-2012, 01:44 AM
Think its been better part of a year that I been inactive on Squarebird forum. Was doing house, yard, travel, model building, hamster, mother inlaw care stuff. Anyway - is Spring and car time too. Boils down to being late and not receiving first ever Squarebird calendar until today.

WOW - Between pictures on forum and in calendar, must say I appreciate everyones efforts at Thunderbird preservation and modification. So fortunate to have lived in 50s & 60s when cars of character were made (likely never again). Had to have been there to grasp significance of their place in culture/society. To me, each model of each car type was an individual personality on same stage with jet age, space age, entertainment, music, economics, etc.... characters of the era.

What thrill and honor to see my Tbird on a calendar with other Thunderbirds.
Bill

YellowRose
06-08-2012, 03:04 AM
In addition to Bill Pugnetti's beautiful '60 Squarebird, here is what else he is working on in his shop. There is nothing like having a half dozen different projects going on at the same time! Here is a video clip he sent me. http://www.squarebirds.org/SB/PhotoStory4.wmv

FINSRIN
06-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Tbird was lucky to be picked as a background car in a commercial for Autokraft. Filming is done and it is now in editing phase. They shared one frame of commercial with me.
It is attached.

YellowRose
06-20-2014, 09:33 PM
Congratulations, Bill! It is to bad that big post is in the way, and that they did not show more of the car. But perhaps they do in other frames.