PDA

View Full Version : Annual Squarebirds Service Award

YellowRose
01-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Nominations for the Annual Squarebirds Service Award for 2011 are now open. Please send me the name of the person who you consider to have been the most helpful and supportive of the other members of this Forum during 2011. Do not post your vote here. You can email me or send me a Private Message (PM). I will tally up the votes after the last day of January and publish the results. I would like to again thank Marco van Strein for starting this program and providing the rotating trophy. Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected, our intrepid webmaster, was last years awardee.

YellowRose
02-08-2012, 02:49 AM
An interesting thing happened when it came time to tally up the votes for the award. Nobody won! There were only nine people who bothered to vote and none of the nominees had a winning vote! This tells me that, like last year, there is little interest in this award. So with that thought in mind, I am going to discontinue this program.

In addition to that, it was pointed out to me by several people that the initial award was meant for me, as a way of recognizing my efforts on behalf of the members of our Forum. It was not meant by Marco to be an annual rotating trophy, though I tried to make it so. So Dave is going to ship it back to me and I will put it back in its prominent place where I had it before. Sorry this did not work out, but there is just not the interest in it.

Ca58tbird
02-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Ray, I am happy to learn that the trophy will return to your home where it most deservedly belongs!

Jimz Bird
02-10-2012, 12:00 AM
A lot of good people with a lot of good input.

How about a KUDOS to all for your contributions!!

Dan Leavens
02-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Jed: I couldn't agree with you more in sharing your view, it has returned back to where it was supposed to be. Marco's gesture was such that it was a way of thanking Ray for his contributions. Ray no need to be sorry for the attempt, as we all appreciate what you and others do for our site. Good stuff.

Jim: Thanks for your comments and yes kudos to ALL who contribute to the running of one of the best sites on the planet.

SandyBoy
02-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Does that mean that I have to ship mine (from last year) back and give it back ? I really like it, with the miniture T-Bird on the top.
BTW, I was one of the people who voted.
If I have to send it back, I will be See above my purple face

YellowRose
02-19-2012, 05:47 PM
No, Sandy, yours is yours to keep. That was a special award to honor you and Alexander for founding our Forum. So please do not be concerned with returning that trophy!

Dan Leavens
02-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Mr. Block you are a true gentlemen much similar to Mr. Clark. We are all glad that both of you get are keeping your respective trophies where they deservedly belong.

Restifier52
03-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I cannot thank you guys enough for the effort you put in to keep this site going. I check in just about every day.

SandyBoy
03-05-2012, 10:13 PM
I wish to add this, especially for "newcomers"

Alexander's idea to make a computer site to and for 1958,59 & 1960 T-Birds came at the same time as I was thinking about making acomputer site for the 1985-1990 asc / McLaren Mercury Capris and the Ford Mustangs.
Alexander & I became very close and aided & assisted one & other in this endeavor. I had little interest in "Square-Birds" andAlex had never heard of asc / McLarens based upon Ford Mustsngs and sister Mercury Capris.
Together we aided & asseted one and other.
Sadly Alexander died way too young, from cancer and I have been battling cancer since 2007, and it's getting much harder.
To those who do not know, Alexander was a doctor and I was a salesman at a Dodge dealership, but, at age 65 and battling C" I retired.
Alexander was a wonderfull, caring and a sweetheart of a gentleman,
whom never spoke a bad sentiment towards anyone.
We owe all the enjoyment we get, from this board to our founder, Alexander.

Dan Leavens
03-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Sandy very well stated and I agree wholeheartedly about Alexander. Wish I had connected with him earlier than I did on our squarebird.Org site. Also from the moderators / administrators thank you for you comments..

Regards.

Anders
03-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I have plenty of friends with other favorite cars than the Thunderbird. And they are all very jealous as I have this forum to where I can bring any and every strange question and to look for a solution. Super quick response all the time, so of course, Im in here every day of the year. To all of you guys, who contribute to this, often or not so often, You guys Rock!:cool: