PDA

View Full Version : Yves~Elvis's '60 Tbird

YellowRose
10-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Yves ~ Elvis in Canada, sent me a couple of pix of his tu-tone gray '60 Tbird he has been working on for the last four years. She is looking nice!

tbird430
10-27-2011, 09:50 AM
WOW!! :cool:

What a great looking two-tone!!!

Richard D. Hord
10-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Very pretty!
Richard D. Hord

Anders
10-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Looks absoloutley stunning!!!! Great wheels as well <3

dgs
10-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Funny Anders, I was just going to say that I thought it needed some more aggressive wheels. Those covers are too 'family sedan', but that's just me. :p

But, I love the two tone gray and the selective removal of chrome and the stance. Nicely done.

elvis
10-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Funny Anders, I was just going to say that I thought it needed some more aggressive wheels. Those covers are too 'family sedan', but that's just me. :p

But, I love the two tone gray and the selective removal of chrome and the stance. Nicely done.

yeah the wheels are just to drive the car for the test drive and then I'm getting some 17 or 18 in mag or spoke wheels. now it's 14 in all crack up old tires. and I gonna lower the back I lower the front 3 in it's a little to low in front put I have all winter to balance all of that and finish the interior I still have plenty of work to do:cool:.

mattyel
10-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Wow that looks awesome. I love the paint.
Have you put lowerd suspension in the front or droped spindels?

Anders
10-28-2011, 12:29 PM
yeah the wheels are just to drive the car for the test drive and then I'm getting some 17 or 18 in mag or spoke wheels. now it's 14 in all crack up old tires. and I gonna lower the back I lower the front 3 in it's a little to low in front put I have all winter to balance all of that and finish the interior I still have plenty of work to do:cool:.

As soon as you put anything bigger than 15" on you will lose tons of vintage feeling and it will become some kind of "pimp my ride thing". That would be a shame on this baby.:cool: There is nothing near "family sedan" over these nice hubcaps. They are period custom, and thatīs a GOOD thing!
Yes, itīs your car. But Iīm firm on this! ;)

tbird430
10-28-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm more of a stock hubcap guy myself.... :rolleyes:

elvis
10-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Wow that looks awesome. I love the paint.
Have you put lowerd suspension in the front or droped spindels?

I bought new coil in us. custom 2 in lower and I put granada 76 spindels. that if I'm right is another 3/4 to a 1 in. now I have to reajust. I'm a little to low

dgs
10-30-2011, 06:13 PM
As soon as you put anything bigger than 15" on you will lose tons of vintage feeling and it will become some kind of "pimp my ride thing". That would be a shame on this baby.:cool: There is nothing near "family sedan" over these nice hubcaps. They are period custom, and thatīs a GOOD thing!
Yes, itīs your car. But Iīm firm on this! ;)

I can see your point, but I think it depends a bit on the wheel choice. Boyd Smoothies or (Junkyard Dogs like mine), AR Torque Thrusts or some of the Foose wheels have a good vintage feel to them.

I do agree that too big with rubber band tires just look silly. I don't like the ones running 20"+, just doesn't look right. But, with the original tall profile 14"-ers running about 28" tall, there's plenty of room for bigger wheels with substantial tires. I chose my 17"-ers in part because the original 14" tire plus ~2" or white wall meant that there was 18"+ of 'bright' on the stock tires. Seemed like running 17"-18" then fit within the original look so to speak. The 17" seemed better and were cheaper so I went with those. I also made sure that I put on tires with enough meat on them. I think it looks good and they compliment the car. :D

http://www.salguod.net/gallery/1960_thunderbird_convertible/P1110637-photo.jpg

scumdog
10-31-2011, 02:10 AM
You're right dgs - those tyres/rims don't look silly on your car, very nice!

Anders
10-31-2011, 02:44 AM
I can see your point, but I think it depends a bit on the wheel choice. Boyd Smoothies or (Junkyard Dogs like mine), AR Torque Thrusts or some of the Foose wheels have a good vintage feel to them.

I do agree that too big with rubber band tires just look silly. I don't like the ones running 20"+, just doesn't look right. But, with the original tall profile 14"-ers running about 28" tall, there's plenty of room for bigger wheels with substantial tires. I chose my 17"-ers in part because the original 14" tire plus ~2" or white wall meant that there was 18"+ of 'bright' on the stock tires. Seemed like running 17"-18" then fit within the original look so to speak. The 17" seemed better and were cheaper so I went with those. I also made sure that I put on tires with enough meat on them. I think it looks good and they compliment the car. :D

http://www.salguod.net/gallery/1960_thunderbird_convertible/P1110637-photo.jpg

Well, The one you have on your car does look good, but little to much ī70:s for my taste. One thing that sure helps, is that you have a black car, and a ī60, so they kind of line up with whatīs happend in the grille as well. ;) Buy heeaaay, Iīm not the one who setting the rules. I just express my feelings :o

dgs
10-31-2011, 08:09 AM
Rules? There are rules?!? :eek:

Anders
10-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Rules? There are rules?!? :eek:
Yeah, well, I agree. Realy! Reminds me of this one ;)
I don't break the rules, because I don't see any rules to break.

mattyel
10-31-2011, 12:13 PM
I bought new coil in us. custom 2 in lower and I put granada 76 spindels. that if I'm right is another 3/4 to a 1 in. now I have to reajust. I'm a little to low

Why is it too low? I think it looks great as it is.
And if you are going to put 18" under it you will probably find it will give you the clearance you want anyway.
Do you have any more photos?

elvis
11-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Why is it too low? I think it looks great as it is.
And if you are going to put 18" under it you will probably find it will give you the clearance you want anyway.
Do you have any more photos?

the crossmember is only 3 1/4 in from the ground and look at the exhaust pipes. now the hood is not on yet and all the interior is going to add extra weight, the 18 in won't help because went you put bigger wheels you have to put slimmer tire to keep the overall original height that's why you see sometime 22in with rubber band as tire

elvis
11-04-2011, 07:13 AM
I was woundering what is the original height from the ground is somebody willing to go on there knee to measure a original car ??