PDA

View Full Version : Question About Viewing Attached Pictures

del
09-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Hi All - Do you have to be logged in as a registered member to view pictures that are attached to a posting? The reason I am asking is that I posted in the For Sale section "64 TBird For Sale In Buffalo NY Area" and attached some pictures. I then sent the owner of the car info about the posting, and he replied back that he could view the pictures. To help investigate his problem, I went onto my wife's computer to view the thread without signing in to the site and the pictures would not open. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Ca58tbird
09-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi All - Do you have to be logged in as a registered member to view pictures that are attached to a posting? ... Is that how it's supposed to work?

Yes you are correct about having to log in as a member in order to view pictures.

del
09-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks Jed

DKheld
09-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Although I am a member another option is to use an external site to post your pictures and link to them in your post. That way both members and non-members can view the pics. (plus it saves server space on the Squarebirds site for other things like tech info and such!) I use dropshots - no affiliation - just happened to pick them.

Eric
registry 5347

Example - this pic is on my dropshots site and should be visible whether you are logged in or not. (I hope that's the way it works)
http://media3.dropshots.com/photos/260234/20080622/123516.jpg

YellowRose
11-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Eric, I love your clock! That is really cool!