PDA

View Full Version : FE 427 Water cooled manifolds for boat?

Ca58tbird
06-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Curious to know if anybody out there in Big Block Ford Land has knowledge of suppliers of new, used or NOS Chris Craft Marine water cooled exhaust manifolds for a FE 427 engine. To the best of my research and knowledge there is no aftermarket supplier of these marine manifolds. So my hope is to find a few used ones or NOS for a client of mine in my marine service business. Any leads are appreciated.

His existing manifolds are freeze cracked and first we'll have them brazed and hopefully that will effect a good repair. However if that brazing operation fails he'll need to replace the manifold(s).

gaffney1951
06-05-2011, 12:39 AM
fordfe.com . There are several guys over there running marine blocks and they may have some exh. manifolds. Mike

redstangbob
06-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Another place to ask is here http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/ There's an email address at the bottom to contact them. Good luck, Bob C

Ca58tbird
06-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys. I found lots of info there I can spend some time following up on and hopefully will get me to a solution, or at least increase my knowledge of marine water cooled manifolds for this CC Ford 427 engine.