PDA

View Full Version : Been Out Of Pocket This Weekend

YellowRose
03-27-2011, 09:28 PM
I have been gone most of this weekend. Last week, Gene Clark, the Founder of the Capital City Tbird Club, in Austin, passed away due to cancer. He was quite the guy, a really terrific person to know. I and other leaders of the So. Texas Tbird Club went to his funeral on Saturday. Lined up one after another at the funeral were about 18 Tbirds of the CCTC members. Anything from Babybirds, 1 Squarebird, a Bulletbird or two, and Flairbirds, to late '60's and 70's Tbirds and Retro-Birds. I did not have my camera with me but one of the guys took pictures of them and said he would send me some.

Today, I spent most of the day in Castroville, about 15 minutes west of me at a car show. There were a couple of Babybirds, Rose was the only Squarebird, a '66 Flairbird and a '70's era Tbird. Rose was awarded the 2nd Place trophy in the Tbird class. The morning started out with a mist, but cleared up around 08:30. The rest of the day was overcast with a nice breeze and not a lot of sun. I made some new friends and a lot of people got to see Rose for the first time. There were about 110 cars shown. I have pictures and I hope to put together a web page so you can see some of the neat cars that were there.

gaffney1951
03-28-2011, 10:56 AM
your going to have to add a trophy room on to the house Ray.:D Mike