PDA

View Full Version : Larry Seyfarth's '59 Convertible

YellowRose
01-02-2011, 03:13 PM
This afternoon, I had the opportunity to talk with Larry Seyfarth of the Detroit area. Larry was a long time member (might still be!) of the VTCA/VTCI in that part of the country. I had seen pictures of his beautiful award winning '59 White Convertible with the turquoise interior and thought it would be nice to show you it. This Tbird has won many, many trophies over the years that Larry and his wife have had it. It is kept in pristine condition and was shown at a number of the major Ford events in recent years, including the 50th Tbird, 75th Ford year and 100th Ford year celebrations, if I have that correct. In fact, Tom - Goldbird, Larry saw your Tbird at the 50th Tbird Celebration last year. I think the Teddy Bear his wife is holding is from the 100th Year celebration.

So enjoy some pictures of a great original '59 Tbird Convertible of someone whom I hope will be a new member of our Forum! Today, Larry sent me another picture to post.

scumdog
01-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Nice!
Never notived wheel-trims/hub-caps on a '59 before - they look kind 'different'.

YellowRose
01-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Tom, Yellow Rose has 14" beauty rings and NOS Ford "Dog Dish" hub caps on her! I have since turned the white lettering to the inside. That is Joe, the owner of JD's Paint & Body, with the stetson on his head. His master painter is next to him and it is he who painted the car. The guys on the left are the others who also worked on the car. I think, but am not sure, that those are full sized wheel covers on Larry's Tbird. Here is what Rose looks like with her beauty rings and "Dog Dishes" on.

tbird430
01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Nice!
Never notived wheel-trims/hub-caps on a '59 before - they look kind 'different'.

Larry's are the same hubcaps as used on a 1960 T-Bird too. The only other Ford option would be the same hupcaps with the red, white, and blue "dress-up" center medallions (like in my avatar pic)... :cool:

GTE427
01-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks for posting those pictures Ray, nice to see Larry continues to enjoy this car. When I was a member of the VTCA in the early seventies, Larry's TBird was sort of Iconic to me, first being the Club Presidents car, and the car was written about as being perfect. As a teenager with a NorthEast rustbucket convertible, restoring a car to the condition of Larry's car was something to aim for.

I often wondered if Original GoldBird, Tom Sr. was a member of the VTCA back in the day and participated in club activities in the early years. Send in some storied if you have them Tom.

brandonian
01-23-2011, 06:01 PM
AHHHHHHHH!!! I absolutely love that white and turquoise color combo! And Yellow Rose is looking AWESOME with those rims and caps!

Anders
01-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Nice!

Here is a ī58 with the same colors as Larry Seyfarth's '59 Convertible with itīs original hubcaps.

tbird430
01-24-2011, 07:29 PM
That is a very nice looking Five-Eight.

:cool: